On 6/9/16 6:49 PM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
On 09/06/2016 18:34, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
There is still value to ypldap as it is now, and getting feedback from
users (especially Active Directory) would be very useful.
If someone could document a configuration which uses IPSEC or OpenSSH
forwarding, that would be nice.

In future, maybe someone in OpenBSD or FreeBSD will implement things like
LDAP over SSL.

What advantages does ypldap offer over nss-pam-ldapd (in ports) ?
nss-pam-ldapd can use both ldap+STARTTLS or ldaps to encrypt data in
transit, and I find it works very well for using OpenLDAP as a central
account database.  I believe it works with AD, but haven't tried that
myself.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

We used nss-pam-ldapd quite successfully in the freebsd.org cluster during our transition away from YP/NIS, for what it's worth.

--
Peter Wemm - pe...@wemm.org; pe...@freebsd.org; pe...@yahoo-inc.com; KI6FJV
UTF-8: for when a ' or ... just won\342\200\231t do\342\200\246