On 15 May 2017, at 14:57, Konstantin Belousov wrote:

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 02:37:16PM -0230, Jonathan Anderson wrote:

Running drm-next (which has -CURRENT last merged somewhere around
r317651), this patch fixes one of the two problems I've been
experiencing with suspend/resume. Definite progress. :)

Could you, please, clarify. Does the resume work after this ? If not, how did you diagnosed that 'one of two problems' is solved with the change ?

Sorry, I'll try to clarify. My problems were:

1. since at least late March, I've had visual artifacts on resume that make the screen unusable;
2. more recently, the machine didn't resume at all.

Applying your patch, I can successfully suspend to S3 and resume again, so problem #2 is resolved. This leaves me in a better position to try and test solutions for problem #1 (which might be an issue related to the Mar 13 firmware update on drm-next rather than a -CURRENT problem).

Thanks,

Jon
--
Jonathan Anderson