On 03/02/18 17:40, Manuel Stühn wrote:
Hi,
the last drm-next-kmod worked fine on my Lenovo T420 with i5-2520M and a HD Graphics 3000. After the update to the actual version (4.11) from ports, I'm seeing regression in form of a very slow xfce4-desktop. The slowness starts after some short time. Slow means for example that I can type faster than the terminal prints the chars or when i move windows they lag extremely behind the mouse's motion.

One entry in Xorg.0.log caught my attention:
[   128.266] (EE) intel(0): Failed to submit rendering commands (Bad address), disabling acceleration.

Disabling the xfce4-compositor improves the situation significantly, but not entirely.

Switching back to the systems i915 driver resolves the issue.

Any ideas?

Which version of FreeBSD is this. Are you using the latest kernel sources? Did you build drm-next-kmod from source?

--HPS