On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 08:52:14PM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On 03/02/18 17:40, Manuel Stühn wrote:
Hi,
the last drm-next-kmod worked fine on my Lenovo T420 with i5-2520M and a
HD Graphics 3000. After the update to the actual version (4.11) from
ports, I'm seeing regression in form of a very slow xfce4-desktop. The
slowness starts after some short time. Slow means for example that I can
type faster than the terminal prints the chars or when i move windows
they lag extremely behind the mouse's motion.

One entry in Xorg.0.log caught my attention:
[   128.266] (EE) intel(0): Failed to submit rendering commands (Bad
address), disabling acceleration.

Disabling the xfce4-compositor improves the situation significantly, but
not entirely.

Switching back to the systems i915 driver resolves the issue.

Any ideas?

Which version of FreeBSD is this. Are you using the latest kernel sources?

uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd-t420 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #11 r330283: Fri Mar 2 17:35:08 CET 2018 root@valinor:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC-NODEBUG amd64

Did you build drm-next-kmod from source?

Yes, ports from today built against the revision mentioned above.