Hi;

FWIW, I use a very old PC of the type where the processor will not be fixed by Intel and that still needs support for the traditional BIOS. I also bought a 3TB HD (they were easier to find that 2T).

If I leave the disk dedicated to FreeBSD it recognizes the complete 3TB and will happily use ZFS for everything, however I want to dual boot so after lots of testing I ended up ignoring 1 TB of HD :(.

It does happen that there is a really nice boot loader that could have saved the day but it is very difficult to install standalone:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot

Just in case someone has the time and inclination to play with it :)

Pedro.