On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 09:56:43PM +0200, Blaz Zupan wrote:

> Ok, so let's say my / is 100% full, my /usr is 50% full and my /var is 20%
> full. What would the total number tell me? That my file systems are 56.6%
> full. That tells me nothing about my root file system running out of space, so
> this number is completely useless to me. I have to agree with Sheldon, where
> is the use to this number?

If you would use the "total" field to monitor diskusage on / then you get
what you deserve.

Think about doing something like

$ df -c/disk0 /disk1 /disk2 ... /diskX

To just monitor a cluster of disks.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect / Computer Horizons Corp - CHIMES
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]