From: owner-freebsd-curr...@freebsd.org <owner-freebsd-
curr...@freebsd.org> On Behalf Of Yuri Pankov
Sent: Thursday, 27 August 2020 21:18
To: bob prohaska <f...@www.zefox.net>
Cc: curr...@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 6
failed, USB_ERR_IOERROR

bob prohaska wrote:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 09:41:16PM +0300, Yuri Pankov wrote:
Another issue that I started seeing lately, didn't try finding out
when exactly in case someone knows what it's about:

Root mount waiting for: usbus0
usbd_setup_device_desc: getting device descriptor at addr 6 failed,
USB_ERR_IOERROR

[details snipped]

So far not seeing any ill effects from this, i.e. I can connect USB
HDD to these ports, and it's successfully detected.

If it's convenient, connecting a USB-serial adapter and rebooting
might be interesting. I'm having trouble with FT232 obstructing disk
detection in some cases and self-disconnecting in others on a Pi3B.

Don't have one.  It is "desktop" PC, so the only USB devices I have/need
are
keyboard/mouse and memsticks.