Quoting Thomas Laus <lau...@acm.org> (from Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:17:09 +0000):

On 4/11/22 14:18, Ronald Klop wrote:
On 4/11/22 17:17, Dennis Clarke wrote:

Did the usual git pull origin main and buildworld/buildkernel but after installkernel the machine will not boot.

The rev seems to be main-n254654-d4e8207317c.

I can boot single user mode and get a command prompt but nothing past
that. Is there something borked in ZFS in CURRENT ?

Up until now you are the only one with this error on the mailinglist today. So I doubt something is borked. You could consider to share more details about your setup to help people to think along with you.

I can confirm this issue. My last update was 'main-n253996-1b3af110bc' from March 31, 2022 that worked fine. My update yesterday received the same error and refused to boot past looking for kernel modules. I did receive the "no pools available to import" message a couple of lines earlier. My hardware is a Dell Inspiron laptop with a SSD and ZFS filesystem. I have a little time today and plan on git reverting back to March 31 to further isolate the problem.

Some data point from a system with current as of 2022-04-06 15:23 (not sure if related or a red hering): pool imports fine, but iocage spits out a lot of "setting up zpool for iocage usage" during an "iocage list". And it doesn't auto-start the iocage jails. As I only updated the OS and not the ports (besides: no change to iocage in ports), it may be the case that some kind of detection logic in zfs code is now misbehaving in some cases...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF