On 11/17/2022 11:47 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
Hi,

I'm doing some work with audio and have noticed some problems with the ULE scheduler. I have a program that generate audio based on key-presses. When no keys are pressed, the load is near 0%, but as soon as you start pressing keys, the load goes maybe to 80% of a CPU core. This program I run with rtprio 8 xxx. The issue I observe or hear actually, is that it takes too long until the scheduler grasps that this program needs it's own CPU core and stops time-sharing the program. When I however use cpuset -l xxx rtprio 8 yyy everything is good, and the program outputs realtime audio in-time.

Or is this perhaps a CPU frequency stepping issue?

Any advice on where to look?

A long shot, but I am curious if by chance you have hwpstate_intel for your cpu frequency driver. If so, does setting dev.hwpstate_intel.0.epp=0 make any difference ?

    ---Mike