To resolve the problem with tail, rebuild your kernel with revision 1.11 of
sys/kern/kern_event.c.  1.12 which was designed to make the kevent system
restartable seems to keep the process from ever receiving the interrupt.  I
don't have a solution which solves both problems yet.

Jim Bloom
[EMAIL PROTECTED]