(Originally didnt response back to mailing list...)

The keyboard works fine when I dont start X, single user mode
or just at the console.  I can crash the machine whenever I switch
virtual consoles which is most not fun.  Not sure if its
strictly an X problem on not.

My previous -current was before the radical changes so I might
have something out of wack but not sure.  I think I got everything
in my kernel config file uptodate.

steve

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The problem I am seeing is that the keyboard isnt even seen.
> Its useable up until about midway through the boot process,
> then it goes dead/locks up.  The boot continues fine and the machine
> is up.  The mouse is usable in X but not the keyboard.  Cant even switch
> virtual consoles.

Is it useable or not, outside of X?  Can you single-user boot and get the
keyboard working?  I am not clear if it's an X problem or a system
problem.

You said you updated your source tree yesterday.  If that was from a
recent build, then I don't know, but I'm very curious, just how old was
your previous build?  The config changed really radically maybe 2 months
ago, so maybe your config file is hosed?

> steve
>
> > I have, like when I'm running tail on something, and then I try to ctrl-c
> > out of it, the whole console locks solid, and I have to reboot. (although
> > if I was connected to an ethernet, I think I could probably ssh in and
> > reboot.) Also, as an unrelated problem in -CURRENT, I'm experiencing the
> > lockmgr problems that were reported earlier.

> > | Kenneth Culver              | FreeBSD: The best NT upgrade    |
> > | Unix Systems Administrator  | ICQ #: 24767726                 |
> > | and student at The          | AIM: muythaibxr                 |
> > | The University of Maryland, | Website: (Under Construction)   |
> > | College Park.                   | http://www.wam.umd.edu/~culverk/|
> >
> > On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I updated my source tree yesterday (and kernel) and am having some problems
> > > with my keyboard under X.  Has anyone else noticed anything
> > > strange.
> > >
> > > steve
> > >
> > > --
> > > Steve Heistand
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.

----- End of forwarded message from Chuck Robey -----

--
Steve Heistand