Am 2023-08-29 21:02, schrieb Shawn Webb:

Back in 2019, I had a similar issue: I needed access to be able to
read/write to the system extended attribute namespace from within a
jailed context. I wrote a rather simple patch that provides that
support on a per-jail basis:

https://git.hardenedbsd.org/hardenedbsd/HardenedBSD/-/commit/96c85982b45e44a6105664c7068a92d0a61da2a3

You enabled it by default. I would assume you had a thought about the implications... any memories about it?

What I'm after is:
 - What can go wrong if we enable it by default?
- Why would we like to disable it (or any ideas why it is disabled by default in FreeBSD)?

Depending in the answers we may even use a simpler patch and have it allowed in jails even without the possibility to configure it.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF