On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 07:49:08PM -0800, Michael Dexter wrote:
> All,
>
> The WITHOUT_CASPER build option was deprecated in main and 14-stable branches
> but is still showing up and will trip up the build option survey:
>
> sh src/tools/tools/build_option_survey/listallopts.sh | grep CASPER
> WITHOUT_CASPER

Things are in a somewhat messy state.  CASPER and CAPSICUM were moved to
a new __REQUIRED_OPTIONS list, but the various bits still exist and
there's even one use of MK_CASPER=no in Makefile.inc1.  The commit
message (c24c117b9644) suggests that the intent was to finish removal
after 14 branched and it just hasn't happened yet.

I do wonder if the tool would also benefit from learning about
__REQUIRED_OPTIONS.

-- Brooks