On 2/23/24 9:13 AM, Brooks Davis wrote:
Things are in a somewhat messy state.  CASPER and CAPSICUM were moved to
a new __REQUIRED_OPTIONS list, but the various bits still exist and
there's even one use of MK_CASPER=no in Makefile.inc1.  The commit
message (c24c117b9644) suggests that the intent was to finish removal
after 14 branched and it just hasn't happened yet.

Understood.

I do wonder if the tool would also benefit from learning about
__REQUIRED_OPTIONS.

By required do you mean WITHOUT_AUTO_OBJ, WITHOUT_UNIFIED_OBJDIR, WITHOUT_INSTALLLIB which I manually skip/mask my build option testing?

If so, what syntax would use __REQUIRED_OPTIONS and what branches support it?

Michael