ume> Beacuse default confCW_FILE doesn't have -o option, freebsd.mc should
ume> have "define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/mail/local-host-names)dnl" line.
ume> Unless this, /etc/mail/local-host-names will be mandatory.

Good point.  I've fixed this.

ume> BTW, I love to see

ume> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA-v4, Family=inet')dnl
ume> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')dnl

ume> lines.  But, I know this requires IPv6 enabled kernel and to do this
ume> is difficult.  NetBSD ships two version of sendmail.cf.

Adding IPv6 support to the sendmail binary is high on my list of things to
do.  You are correct, configuration support is a more difficult issue.  I'm
open to suggestions.