I have been running cvsup nightly to grab -current and -ports,
and noticed some strangeness with awk that seemed to start last
week sometime.

When building /usr/ports/lang/guile, the build exited with an
awk 'internal error' and a log on the console that awk had
exited on signal 6. To test my theory that the problem was
indeed awk (rather than the guile port), I copied over a copy
of awk from a 4.1-R system. After doing so, the guile port was able to
build and install without any problems.

Here is the output from the make build:

PATH=.:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin
:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin ./guile-doc-snarf eval.c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I.. -I./.. -I../libltdl  -O
-pipe -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes eval.c > eval.x  || { rm eval.x; false; }
awk: ./guile-snarf.awk:17: (FILENAME=- FNR=9680) fatal error: internal
error
Abort trap - core dumped
*** Error code 1

Regards,