Marcel:

Up until this weekend, I was able to use the staroffice52 port with
little problem (I had installed it earlier without benefit of the port
and it worked fine.) I did a 5.0-current kernel rebuild on Thursday with
sources current on that day and things were fine. When I rebuilt my
kernel yesterday afternoon with sources from Saturday morning, the port
stopped working. I get the following error messages

I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale "C"
_X11TransSocketOpen: socket() failed for local
_X11TransSocketOpenCOTSClient: Unable to open socket for local
_X11TransOpen: transport open failed for local/dinolt1.bingdrive:0
setup.bin: cannot open display ":0.0"
Please check your "DISPLAY" environment variable, as well as the
permissions to access that display (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for
details)

I am running the install as root. The Window Manager is up and running,
other programs including linux-netscape have no trouble running in the
same environment. This is not a clue for me, but it may mean something
to others. (By the way, these errors did not appear prior to the
changes.)

I was wondering whether the setrlimit changes had something to do with
this.  This seems to be the major change to the linux code in the last
few days.  Apparently you were the one to make those changes, so I am
writing to you  (Marcel)

Anyway, thought someone should know.

George Dinolt