Gregory Neil Shapiro writes:
> sendmail's version of vacation is completely backwards compatible with the
> existing version.  It also contains new features and bug fixes that are not
> in the current FreeBSD version.  This will take care of PR bin/15227.
>
> 2. Copy cf config building tree into /usr/share/sendmail/cf

Yes to all three!

For #2, we can maybe go a step further.. the README in that directory
is somewhat daunting.

For example, we could also copy the /usr/src/etc/sendmail directory
into /usr/share/sendmail/cf/freebsd or something like that (maybe
with a simpler Makefile) and include a few more example config
files besides "freefall.mc" that demonstrate how to configure in
various scenarios.

-Archie