* Philipp Huber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [001007 04:08] wrote:
> hi!
>
> is it possible to downgrade a freebsd-current installation to -stable?
> or is it better to reinstall the whole system?

It's possible by building a 4.x-stable system and tar'ing the
/usr/src and /usr/obj over to your -current then doing several
'make -k installworld' followed by a 'make installworld' to make
sure it's all been installed then by building a kernel using the
"make buildkernel" method described in src/UPDATING.

--
-Alfred Perlstein - [[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]]