At Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:08:26 -0800 (PST),
Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> marcel      2000/11/01 22:08:26 PST
>
>   Modified files:
>     sys/compat/linux     linux_stats.c
>   Log:
>   Fix linux_ustat syscall. We only have cdevs now, so looking
>   for a block device isn't that useful anymore.
>
>   Reported by: Wesley Morgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>   Submitted by: gallatin
>   Acknowledged by: phk

After this change, it panics when you perform stat against a linux
block device node.  Actually, emulators/vmware2 port creates some
block device nodes in /compat/linux/dev, so all the vmware2 users
still have ones installed.  And when they hit `ls /compat/linux/dev'
or `pkg_delete vmware-2.0.x.yyy', they will see their boxen panic. ;)

I'm 100% sure this change caused the panic because the stack trace
showed it panicked at vfinddev() called from linux_ustat().

Please fix it! ;>

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"We're only at home when we're on the run, on the wing, on the fly"