> It seems Boris Popov wrote:

> > > You mean "is still freezing" right ?
> > >
> > > Current has been like this for longer than I care to think about,
it
> > > seems those in charge doesn't take these problems seriously
(enough)...

> >     I think info about where/how it freezing would be more helpful.
>
> No idea, the system just freezes, no drob to DDB no remote gdb no
> nothing, so its really hard to tell where...
> As to how, just boot current on a fairly fast machine, make a kernel
> and it'll hang in minutes if not less, or just leave it alone and
> it will hang in 10-30 mins...

I have the same problem on a dual PII 400mhz.
I haven't tried to remove the SMP support, but I have not too much time
to cvsup and to make anything else.

I'll try to boot the GENERIC (damn !%&!& , I always repeat to myself
that is a good habits to compile the GENERIC too after updates...
but I never do... :-( )

--
Regards...

Gianmarco