On 16-Nov-00 Valentin Chopov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After last cvsup my machine (Dual PIII, SMP kernel) is freezing again in
> 10 min after boot...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Val

Two questions:

1) What revision of sys/kern/kern_synch.c do you have?  I fixed several things
yesterday, and the latest version is 1.108.
2) If you do have the latest version, have you compiled a kernel with WITNESS,
INVARIANTS, and INVARIANT_SUPPORT to see how it runs?

Also, I have noticed that occasionally on my SMP boxes the console seems to
lose itself.  By lose itself, I mean that all output stops, and it doesn't
process any input.  If I hit Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to break into the debugger, it
suddenly catches up and processes all pending events before dropping into teh
debugger, but hangs again when I continue from ddb.  However, the rest of hte
machine works fine during this time.  I can ssh in, build kernels, reboot, etc.
without any problem.

--

John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/