"Thomas D. Dean" wrote:

> Is this the problem I see with mal-formatted man pages?

Possibly. I don't know if we changed files to get our sources working
with the new groff(1). If we did, we definitely have a bootstrapping
problem, because that would mean that we can't reliably create manpages
with the old groff(1).

If this is the case for you, then remaking the manpages with the new
groff(1) should solve your problem. If that doesn't help, then you have
to give us more information to work on.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]