On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 12:36:36PM -0800, John Baldwin wrote:
> That's ok.  I seem to have goofed up in kern_sig.c.  Please try the (untested)
> patch at http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/kern_sig.patch.

Well, the kernel is ready and the patch appears to work. Ie I can run a
large dirlisting on an ftp server, and press Ctrl-Z in the meantime and
still no problem.

So, appearently kern/23935 can be put into feedback state...

However, the network unresponsiveness problem remains (of course) and may
be harder to debug since it does not produce a panic but rather abysmal
performance... will try to observe things more tomorrow, today it is
late...

Also, the gdb issue is still worth looking into...
(Yes I tried that, but there is *nothing* even in a crash dump that
would make the cause stand out...)

John, thanks for fixing this problem!
(Now I can try to get the new gimp...)
--