I have a -current system from Dec. 7 on which I'm trying to do
a cvs update in preparation of make world, and am seeing wierd
stuff like this:

> cvs server: Updating crypto/kerberosIV/appl/afsutil
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/afsutil/Makefile.in
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/afsutil/aklog.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/afsutil/kstring2key.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/afsutil/pagsh.c
> cvs server: Updating crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/Makefile.in
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/README.login
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/bsd_locl.h
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/encrypt.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/forkpty.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/kcmd.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/klogin.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/krcmd.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/login.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/login_access.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/login_fbtab.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/osfc2.c
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/pathnames.h_
> U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/rcmd_util.c
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response ` If there are any IP options on `sock',
>die.' from cvs server
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response ` */' from cvs server
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `void' from cvs server
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `ip_options_and_die (int sock, struct
>sockaddr_in *fromp)' from cvs server
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `{' from cvs server
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `#if defined(IP_OPTIONS) &&
>defined(HAVE_GETSOCKOPT)' from cvs server
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `  u_char optbuf[BUFSIZ/3], *cp;' from
>cvs server
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `  char lbuf[BUFSIZ], *lp;' from cvs
>server

The file data is somehow getting mixed into the "control stream"
or something. The cvs server is a 5.0-20000506-CURRENT machine
that has been working fine for many months (and I don't see the
same problem when cvs updating from other machines).

I notice that "cvs" was updated to version 1.11 on 10/31/00...

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, what's the fix??

Thanks,
-Archie