I'm sorry guys, I haven't been really "up-to-date" on this thread, but I was
wondering: can config be made to define I386_CPU 0 if any other cpus are
defined (or the inverse behavior)? (Maybe this was already done?) In the
sysinstall case, I think it's safe to just exclude all other processors and
use the slower I386_CPU kernel. Since the GENERIC kernel config file may
contain all of the different CPU types, the config hack may ensure that we're
excluding I386_CPU code.

Cheers,
Bosko.