-On [20010122 07:55], Peter Wemm ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>>
>> d'oh, did it backwards again ... buildkernel then buildworld ... let me go
>> back and rebuild kernel and see if that is all it was in my case ...
>
>Argh! I wish people would stop using buildkernel! :-(  It calls config(8)
>in such a way that buries the warning messages where people dont see.
>config(8) is meant to be used interactively :-(

Yeah well, buildkernel was advocated as the next best thing to sliced
bread.

Myself, I'll stick to the ``old way''.  Never failed me thus far.  At
least, nothing a good rm -rf compile/KERNEL cannot solve.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          VIA Net.Works The Netherlands
BSD: Technical excellence at its best  Network- and systemadministrator