On 22-Jan-01 Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> John Baldwin writes:
>:
>: Erm, if it wasn't documented in the first place, making a change doesn't
>: put the burden of documenting the old behavior on the person making the
>: change.
>
> It was in the handbook, explicitly documented.  Nothing undocumented
> about it.  If I were to change how ls worked in some way, I'd be
> exepcted to update the man page for ls.  This is no different than
> that.  This is the documented way to build kernels, see
>       http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html
> for the current instructions.  They have been in there since at least
> 1.29         (alex     15-Jul-00): &prompt.root; <userinput>make...
> 1.29         (alex     15-Jul-00): &prompt.root; <userinput>make...
> when alex added them.  That's at least 6 months ago.  They have been
> in UPDATING longer than that.

Nm.  I was referring to the original request:

>: >: Could you also make sure it makes it into /etc/defaults/make.conf
>: >: (KERNEL isn't mentioned there at all) and make.conf(5)?

Which basically says: "this wasn't documented before, can you document it now?"
But anyways, this isn't really worth the effort.  My laptop still isn't
booting, so I'll get back to that....

--

John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
PGP Key: http://www.Baldwin.cx/~john/pgpkey.asc