I have a world and kernel from 4 Feb 01.  I tried listing the
contents in my mounted MS-DOS slice via "ls /msdos" as a normal
users, but got a permission denied message (which I've never
received before).  So, a quick check on the directory permissions
shows:

d-------w-   1 root  493    arch 4096 Jan  1  1980 msdos/

which appears to be somewhat strange.  So, I unmounted the
slice and manually mounted the slice with various incantations
of mount_msdos.  All yield the above listing.

The source in src/sbin/mount_msdos has changed in a long time,
so is this a side effect of using DEVFS?

--
Steve