> But I remember some posts about a lpt panic some days ago. I tried to
> compile a new kernel because I think this is resolved, but I have to
> solve some problems with my system at the moment.

My -CURRENT used to crash every time lpr has been used but the panic went away
when John Baldwin committed his ithread cleanup megapatch:

  jhb         2001/02/09 09:47:47 PST

   Modified files:
     sys/i386/i386        nexus.c
     sys/i386/isa         intr_machdep.c intr_machdep.h ithread.c
   Log:
   Use the MI ithread helper functions in the x86 interrupt code.

The kernel from Feb 9 worked just fine for me, but then the following
commit has been made and the system started to crash again:

  jhb         2001/02/09 18:41:51 PST

  Modified files:
    sys/i386/isa         ithread.c
  Log:
  Re-enable preemption on interrupts.  My last commit accidentally reverted
  it as I was playing with some other ways of doing kernel preemption.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.14      +9 -2      src/sys/i386/isa/ithread.c

If you badly need your printer to work, you can simply revert this patch.