Will Andrews wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 03:10:14PM +0000, Paul Richards wrote:
> > The problem is that 'make install' in a port doesn't check dependencies
> > properly, whereas pkg_install does.
>
> Uh, actually, 'make install' does a better job.  pkg_install has no
> clue about substitute dependencies.

Ahh, that makes sense. That's what's happening then, 'make install' is
succeeding because it's using substitute dependencies but pkg_install
fails because the specific packages it expects to see are missing.

I misinterpreted the fact that pkg_install was complaining to mean it
was being more thorough.

Paul.