Hi,

What I did:

cvsup from 4.2-STABLE to 5.0-CURRENT
make buildworld
make installworld
mergemaster

--> All this went okay

Then updated my kernel config file and compiled the kernel.
(I still haven't rebooted the machine)

The build fails in:

===> 3dfx
ld  -r -o 3dfx.kld tdfx_pci.o
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot open tdfx_pci.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/3dfx.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/AGLAE.

3dfx seems to be the first module. If I try to build it by hands:

su-2.03# pwd
/usr/src/sys/modules/3dfx
su-2.03# make clean
rm -f setdef0.c setdef1.c setdefs.h setdef0.o setdef1.o 3dfx.ko 3dfx.kld
tdfx_pci.o @ machine symb.tmp tmp.o opt_tdfx.h bus_if.h device_if.h
pci_if.h
su-2.03# make
Warning: Object directory not changed from original
/usr/src/sys/modules/3dfx
@ -> /usr/src/sys
machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
echo "#define TDFX_LINUX" > opt_tdfx.h
perl @/kern/makeobjops.pl -h @/kern/bus_if.m
perl @/kern/makeobjops.pl -h @/dev/pci/pci_if.m
perl @/kern/makeobjops.pl -h @/kern/device_if.m
ld  -r -o 3dfx.kld tdfx_pci.o
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot open tdfx_pci.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/3dfx.
su-2.03# ls
@               bus_if.h        machine         pci_if.h
Makefile        device_if.h     opt_tdfx.h

If I try to build any other module, I have the same error. Looks like my
makefiles are in bad shape and forget to build the object files.

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance,

--fred