Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Steve Kargl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I haven't heard any screaming yet.  Besides, this is -CURRENT.
> devfs has also abandoned symlinks for 'r' disk devices.

The "r" in tape device names has traditionally meant "r"ewind.
The "r" in disk names (such as rda0) meant a "r"aw device.
Raw devices (or block devices) were removed from current.  The
rewind and non-rewind tape device names were changed under
devfs from rsa0 and nrsa0 to sa0 and nsa0, (which IMHO
violates POLA).

I suspect we'll hear scream when 5.0 is released and early
adopters start to have their backup scripts die.

--
Steve