On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Mark Murray wrote:
> Lots of security minded people what _all_ the interrupt entropy
> they can get, and this method gives them that while allowing others
> to throttle the harvester back.

Lots of -CURRENT users want to be able to use their systems to write code
without tripping over /dev/random and friends.

I hear lots of people objecting to this code and alot of handwaving in
response.

Choose reasonable defaults already.

The -CURRENT cvs tree isn't the proper venue for doing crypto research.

Thanks.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |