Hello Bruce!

Forget all of this.  I started incorporating OpenBSD fixes to install(1).
They seem to cover all the cases you have mentioned.  I will send a CFR
when I finish.  They used your revision 1.4 as the base, and implemented
all of the todos, and even more.

Thanks,
--
Ruslan Ermilov          Oracle Developer/DBA,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Sunbay Software AG,

http://www.FreeBSD.org  The Power To Serve
http://www.oracle.com   Enabling The Information Age