From: Terry Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: PATCH: partial fix for broken "make release"...
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 22:00:37 +0000 (GMT)

> The "make release" stuff is broken, at least in 4.3, and possibly
> before that.
>
> There are several obviously broken things:
>
> o     The libssh stuff is not installed, and it is not built

That would be a failure in make world, not make release.

> o     The files jade_1.2.1-13.diff.gz and pdf_sec.ps are not
>       available from any of the listed mirros in the "ports"

That would be a failure in the ports collection, not make release.

I don't make both observations to be pedantic, but to simply make it
clear that the correct fixes need to happen somewhere else.

> o     If you set KERNCONF to a non-default value ("GENERIC" is
>       the default value), then sysinstall can't find it to

I'm not clear as to why you'd want to?  GENERIC is the best kernel for
creating generally useable releases, but I imagine you have some other
reason for chosing a specific configuration for which I also expect
you're copying the config file into ${CHROOTDIR}/usr/src/sys/${ARCH}/conf
from somewhere else?  I can't see how this change by itself makes what
appears to be the desired functionality a reality.

- Jordan