>From: John Hay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:54:56 +0200 (SAT)

>Well I must admit that I cheated. After the patch I did a "make all install"
>in the kbdcontrol directory. The problem is that kdbcontrol is not in any of
>the build-tools/bootstrap-tools targets, so the installed version is getting
>used to do the work.

OK; with that hint & John's earlier-sent-out patch (to
usr.sbin/kbdcontrol/kbdcontrol.c), I am now running:

FreeBSD dhcp-140.catwhisker.org 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #63: Sun May 13
15:04:35 PDT 2001
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/common/C/obj/usr/src/sys/LAPTOP_30W  i386

I'd expect that this would be likely to affect folks who have a version
of /usr/sbin/kbdcontrol built from usr.sbin/kbdcontrol/kbdcontrol.c 1.34
(2001/05/12 09:16:09), but I'm hardly an authority on such matters.

Cheers,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to