In the hope to check for any recent improvements with lockd,
I cvsupped this morning and remade world. I now have a very
strange behaviour of lockd:
  * rc.conf has nfs_server_enable, rpc_lockd_enable and rpc_statd_enable
    set to YES.
  * the system seems to boot correclty; rpc.lockd and rpc.statd are
    mentioned in the 'Starting final network daemons' phase.

BUT:
  * ps ax shows no trace of rpc.lockd
  * an attempt to manually launch rpc.lockd immediately results in
    a hard freeze with message 'Kernel trap 12 with interrupts
    disabled (repeated twice).
  * launching rpc.lockd with truss shows that the crash occurs (shortly)
    after it has forked.

Thomas.

--
Thomas Quinot ** Département Informatique & Réseaux ** [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              ENST   //   46 rue Barrault   //   75634 PARIS CEDEX 13