In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:
: This is a known problem. It has to do with the way the ethernet driver
: reads the MII registers in interrupt context.
:
: Did you try and ifconfig delete the interface first?

Of course not.  I never do that with pccards :-)

When I do that, as a work around, I find that I can pull the plug.

How hard is it to fix the way that the ethernet driver reads the MII
registers in the interrupt context?

Warner