>Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:02:00 -0700
>From: Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Someone should test and commit Tor's patch.  I didn't have time to
>check whether it fixed the problems before I left (and I'm sure as
>hell not going to update back to -current remotely to check myself :-)

FWIW, I applied that patch to the -CURRENT side of my laptop a couple
of days ago.  Since then, I've been able to do my daily -CURRENT builds
in multi-user mode, within an X environment, using -j4 on the "make
buildworld" step.

The previous several days, I often needed to do everything in
single-user mode....

Granted, the "make buildworld" is generally the most strenuous thing I
do in -CURRENT (I normally do my "real work" in -STABLE), but the patch
certainly makes things better for me.

Cheers,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to