On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 11:31:41 -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> It seems your argument to disallow null symlinks got somehow taken
> as an argument to disallow all "invalid" symlinks then.

To say it more clear: now I even not against ""-symlinks making ability,
such strings are valid per POSIX after all, as already noticed in this
discussion. I am against _resolving_ them to illegal "" name (and to "."
in pathnames) which cause all errors that Bruce describe.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/