In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> "Steve O'Hara-Smith" writes:
:       I would argue loud and long that changing that *would* be broken. There
: is never a guarantee (or even an implication) that a symlink points to a
: valid directory entry (think unmounted filesystems, NFS ...). I find it hard
: to imagine why creation time should be special in that regard.

And it would break /etc/malloc.conf!  I'd have to agree 100% here.

Warner