It seems Cameron Grant wrote:
> > I'm having problems with both an internal VIA'686 and a PCI base
> > ESS Solo1, both seem to loose interrupts. The interrupts doesn't
> > even show up in a vmstat -i / systat so something is definitly
> > wrong. BTW the exact same HW work just fine with -stable ?
>
> while i've not tested either of these chips for a while (lack of slots,
> anyone know of a motherboard with ~20 pci and ~10 isa slots?) i can't think
> of any changes that might cause this except possibly the introduction of
> INTR_TYPE_AV - and then only if you're using modules and your modules are
> built from newer source than your kernel.

Maybe you should test them now :)
Anyhow, the VIA driver doesn't use INTR_TYPE_AV it uses 0, and a quick
grep amongst the pci sound card drivers reveals that 0, .._AV, .._MPSAFE
is used in a way that doesn't make sense to me at least...
To make it short I tried playing with those, no effect i still get
the dreaded "channel dead" message.
An no I dont use modules, its all compiled into the kernel..

And yes, its still works in -stable...

-Søren