Hi,

alex> I don't think that I like this behaviour:

alex> alex@oink ~ $ ps ax | grep lpd
alex> 15328  ??  Ss     0:00.01 lpd -4
alex> 15329  ??  S      0:00.02 lpd -4
alex> alex@oink ~ $ lpq
alex> lpd: Host name for your address (fe80::250:baff:fed4:a512%xl0) unknown

Sorry, but I cannot see this message, here.
Could you please tell me how did you do?

alex> Odd.  Is a link-local address supposed to have a host name anyways?

No.  The resolver doesn't do reverse lookup at all.  So, I believe you
cannot play with lpr by specifying link-local address.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/