Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:56:11PM -0500, Jim Bryant wrote:
>>This may sounds strange, but as I don't actually recall seeing any actual changes to
>burncd unless i missed something in my cvsup
>>early this morning CDT...
>>I just decided to give it another try before booting into the kernel built this
>morning, and it seems that it was a "world" issue,
>>and not a kernel issue, as I'm running the same kernel I reported below, but a world
>from early THIS morning, and burncd DOES work now.
> There were changes recently..if your kernel is out of sync with your
> world, you'll often get problems.
> Kris

actually, it was in sync, and it didn't work until i had made and installed a world
and kernel from almost 24 hours ago, yet without
rebooting.  so i was using a kernel from around 48 hours ago and a world of about 24
hours ago before it would work.

whatever it was was in the world stuff.

          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!
                POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
"Religious fundamentalism is the biggest threat to
     international security that exists today."
     United Nations Secretary General B.B.Ghali

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at