This may sounds strange, but as I don't actually recall seeing any actual changes to
burncd unless i missed something in my cvsup
early this morning CDT...

I just decided to give it another try before booting into the kernel built this
morning, and it seems that it was a "world" issue,
and not a kernel issue, as I'm running the same kernel I reported below, but a world
from early THIS morning, and burncd DOES work now.

Apparently, it wasn't a kernel issue, unless just leaving the machine up for a day
released a lock that should never have been

  1:46:59pm  wahoo(110): burncd -s 12 -f /dev/acd0c data StarOffice-x86.iso fixate
next writeable LBA 0
addr = 0 size = 587956224 blocks = 287088
writing from file StarOffice-x86.iso size 574176 KB
written this track 574176 KB (100%) total 574176 KB
fixating CD, please wait..

Jim Bryant wrote:

> Heheh...  Just to clarify for some...  my standard practice involves
> following buildworld with installworld...
> Jim Bryant wrote:
>> Søren Schmidt wrote:
>>> Kernel and burncd must be in sync again, a make kernel followed
>>> by a make world should do it.
>>> -Søren
>> acd0: CD-RW <Hewlett-Packard CD-Writer Plus 9500> at ata1-master PIO4
>> This is from -current as of about 1am or so CDT today.  I did a make
>> buildworld instead of a make world, but I would assume that wouldn't
>> be the cause of this.
>>  2:51:10pm  wahoo(112): burncd -s 12 -f /dev/acd0c data
>> StarOffice52.iso fixate
>> burncd: ioctl(CDIOCSTART): Device busy
>> jim

          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!
                POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
"Religious fundamentalism is the biggest threat to
     international security that exists today."
     United Nations Secretary General B.B.Ghali

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at