On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:49:05AM -0500, Chip Marshall wrote:

> Couldn't a test be done on the Features information of the processor
> to determine the best optimizations? Or would that break
> cross-compiliation of optimized code?

So I compile something on my AMD box which I expect to run
only on my P-III or P-IV box. The program is optimized for the
AMD processor. This is _not_ what I would want. Ditto for the
converse case.

IMHO, the control needs to be in environment variables and/or
in parameters passed to the compiler somehow.

--
Mike Andrews
[EMAIL PROTECTED]