On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> > I need to look at it again.. (I figured I just didn't have the time to try
> > understand it all AND do the rest of the kernel.) Of course the best woudl
> > be if Mr. Popov did the conversion but I believe he's incredibly busy at
> > the moment.. Certainly if someone else wants to make an effort at it.
> > they are welcome to do it.. otherwise I will eventually get to it.
> > (but I have no way to test them).
> Boris goes through phases, like the rest of us. :-)

        Yes, this is correct. Doing hardware stuff consumes a lot of
my time :(

> His last round of changes from Mac OS X sorted out my panics quite
> nicely.

        Good to hear. I've selected most critical bugfixes and there is
still big diffs to merge.

> It sounds like the message is "I'd like to help with smbfs, but don't
> have time right now, and it'd make a whole lot more sense for someone
> closer to the code to take a look."

        Obviously, I'll do the job at some moment. If someone can do it
before - feel free to do this. This may even include import of userland
part in the /contrib hierarchy.

Boris Popov