In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Mike Smith writes:
: > : As a workaround for you, though, try adjusting the memory that the driver
: > : requests for the register window to be based at 0xf4000000.
: >
: > Actually, for most people, just ignoring the error is enough to make
: > it work.
:
: This bothers me.  Are bridges ignoring their mapping registers?

It would appaer that they are.  It hurts my brain that it works.  But
on my Inspiron, I have a dmesg of:

pcic0: <TI PCI-4451 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 11 at device 15.0 on pci2
pcic0: PCI Memory allocated: 0x44000000

but the bridge that this is behind claims to only decode 0xf4000000
and higher.  I don't claim to understand...

However, I think the point is moot because in current I've fixed it to
clip the ranges properly.

Warner