Hello all,

Your input was most appreciated (I hadn't thought to boot to single user to run
fsck).  When I ran fsck -p all filesystems generated output as if the
filesystems were clean.  After attempting to bring it to multi-user mode it
passes through init scripts, but panics where the login prompt should be.  I've
never experienced filesystem corruption before.  I'm curious as to what the
cause of my problem is.  Does this sound like filesystem corruption, or some
other problem?

Galen